Friday 9 December 2011

I'm Finally Out!
















I don't know where to start, except that its not what you think!  I thought that blogging would be an easy project for me, something I would enjoy and eventually feel passionate about.  I resisted blogging for a long time.  My best friend blogged about her cooking, my sister blogged about her conservation (saving the dolphins!) and my dad blogged about his business.  I didn't like it.  I didn't even like the word "blog".  Sounded like a strange disorder of the nasal passage to me.  I am not sure why I was so resistant. Maybe because I feared I had nothing interesting to say - that people wouldn't want to read my writing.  The truth is I have been a closet writer for years.  I write poetry, ballads, fiction, nonfiction and stories for kids. But I've kept them hidden away for fear of rejection.  Of course there are those occasional poems I write to a loved one on a special occasion, or a song I've composed when I was feeling especially lyrical.  But those I have kept in a faded blue binder desperately in need of replacing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment